Sunday 4 May 2008

Recipient of the Arte y Pico Award

PhatSheep Textiles blog is the lucky recipient of the Arte y Pico award, a huge thank you to Aileen of Aileen clarke crafts for nominating my little blog. Aileen creates lovely fiber art, I especially like her scottish landscapes which feature wooly sheep. I should also mention that she is the founder of a great little flickr group handmade in scotland which you should go and look at if you have the time.

~ there are some rules attached to this award and in passing it on to others they are as follows;
1. You have to pick 5 blogs that you consider deserve this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and also contributes to the blogging community, no matter what language.
2. Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.
3. Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her/him the award itself.
4. The award winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of “Arte y Pico’ blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
5. To show these rules.

So here are the 5 blogs who I'd like to give the award to:

1. Syko - Kajsa makes the most lovely, cute and amusing accessories and art quilts, her blog is always an interesting insight into her working life and very frequently it makes me head off into my workshop and start sewing.

2. Pikaland - Amy at Pikaland has come up with a fantastic idea,Pikapackages full of talented peoples illustrated art, if you're really lucky you can win one of these packages, otherwise there is an opportunity to buy these little bundles of art loveliness.

3. Raspberry - Alice makes great linen bags, all unique, how she manages to come up with so many different applique designs is beyond me but if you read her blog you can learn some more about how she manages this, and the joys and frustrations of being a designer/maker.

4. SkinnyLaminx - Heather writes from South Africa, she's an illustrator, writer and designer, but great for us that she has time to write about her life and inspiration in this great blog, and she extra specially deserves this award because she's just gone full time self employed ( or unemployed as she blogged it a few days ago!).

5. Last but by no means least Elsie Marley - Meg (not Elsie!) writes a great blog but she deserves the award from me because she organised the first blog swap I took part in, the mobile swap a few months back which was great fun and a bit of a challenge, I'm still eagerly waiting to receive my mobile from my swap partner, maybe it got lost in the mail, but the best bit of the swap was making the mobile and sending it off to someone far away and hoping they liked it!

Ok, there they are! please have a look through these blogs and at the lovely crafts these clever people make.

4 comments:

Michelle Engel Bencsko said...

Congrats! I'm going to check out your awardees now.

syko kajsa said...

Thank you so much for the nomination! I am so glad that I can inspire you! Thanks for taking the time to read my blog!

PhatSheep Textiles said...

Thanks cicada, its always nice to get and give an award!
Syko thanks for taking the time to comment, your blog is always an interesting read:)

Anonymous said...

Oh my, I am super late in thanking you for the award, and am so flattered that you think I deserve the nomination! :) Thank you for reading the blog!