Monday 29 November 2010

Quilt top WIP

I mentioned earlier that I was attending a nightclass to learn how to do patchwork properly. Well the class has now finished and I am well on the way to creating a 9 block sampler quilt. I still have to add borders, do quilting and binding but I'm really hopeful I can get it finished in time for Christmas.....wish me luck!
It is cold and snowy here in Shetland, it makes everything look lovely, but its not so easy to get out and about. Its been a day off Nursery for J and no toddler group for A so I was very glad when the postman arrived with a big box of crafting supplies I ordered from Hobby Craft last week, time to start making some Christmas gifts for the family.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your quilt is beautiful, I love that colour combination.
Jacqueline

Jenny said...

Good job! Looks very square! Good sign... good piecing!

PhatSheep Textiles said...

Thank you for the nice comments, and Jenny I'm really pleased you think its square. Making it square and not squint (ss in some of my previous quilt attempts) was one of the really valuable things I learned at the class :)