Saturday 19 April 2008

Exciting Parcels

The other day I received a lovely parcel in the mail, I'd signed up to take part in the melly and me Fabric swap and was paired with a lovely lady in Australia who sent me all of this fabric (and lots more that didn't fit in the photo!):




It was great to get all these fabrics from so far away and they are very different from the fabrics I have collected myself so very inspirational, I am really looking forward to having the time to sit down and make a start on a patchwork blanket using all these lovely scraps.

All this is really well timed because a day later my new sewing machine was delivered. It took a while to decide on what model to buy but I settled for the Brother ES 2400 because my previous sewing machine and knitting mahine are both brothers and have served me well.


So now I have no excuse not to get on and be creative!

No comments: